- Virtual Computing Lab supported:
- 121,567 reservations
- 1.66 million reservation hours
- 9,774 unique users
- 3,732 downloads of new VCL Go iOS application
- High Performance Computing (HPC) Cluster supported:
- 136 research projects
- 494 faculty and students
- 18 courses
- 10 Gbps network connections to research-intensive buildings
- Five existing NC State contracts require NIST federal security requirements be met by end of December 2017.
- 131 million files shared for collaboration on Google Drive to date. This is a 55% increase from last year.
- 1.986 million pages printed in the WolfPrint accounted printing service.
- 170,000 optical mark exams scanned.
- 139,646 unique devices connected to the wireless network.
- 400 student-produced sports programs created for PackTV.
- 8,197 new copies of the OnCampus mobile app downloaded.
- ~58% of the 660 IT-related positions on campus were external to OIT.
- $9.2 million of the software licensing on campus is managed by OIT’s Software Licensing Management team; of which,
$1.1 million is managed partnerships with colleges and departments.
- 228 spaces supported by ClassTech. These spaces include 169 of the 226 110 classrooms. All 110 classrooms have technology.
- 18,000 Windows devices managed via the jointly-maintained Active Directory service.
- 39 units at nine UNC schools used the federated Jamf Pro Apple device management suite that is co-managed by NC State OIT staff.
- 86,591 Google Hangout video conferences held in 2016-17. Of those, 432 were held on Feb. 28, the most on a single day during the fiscal year.
- 100% network backbone uptime.
- 19,000+ software downloads.
- 41,851 incidents processed by the Help Desk.
- 42,800 wired outlets and 89,291 network ports.
- 49,974 campus operator calls received.
- 8 new employee orientations conducted with 355 participants. This training is now available online.
- 105 clickwrap agreements reviewed.
- 220 training sessions conducted, covering 78 unique topics and serving 2,264 enrollees (excludes custom classes).
- 2,000 phone calls per month received by the Help Desk Call Center. Resolved more than 30,000 incidents over the past year.
- 145,000+ ServiceNow incidents logged from over 100 assignment groups throughout campus.
- 1.25 million unique pageviews on the OIT multisite network sites.
- 43 Design Services contracts with 40 unique departments.
- 1,724 campus users assisted after their accounts were compromised.
- 8,018 individuals enrolled in Google 2-Step Verification, and
7,385 enrolled in Duo, as of June 19, 2017.
- 281 applications requested for InCommon Certificates, which validate the security of web sites.